Capabilities & Technical Info
From straight forward multilayers to complex assemblies, our designs incorporate, advanced PCB/PWB technologies such as rigid-flex, blind/buried vias, sequential laminations, thermal management, controlled impedance and compliant pin connectors, all with a staff of industry leaders.
Our capabilities include PCB/PWB Design/Design Support, PCB/PWB Manufacturing and Assembly for high reliability end use applications. Established in 1956, Hamby's 60 years of experience and long standing commitment to Quality is unsurpassed.
Minimum Line Width: 0.004"
Minimum Spacing: 0.004"
Minimum Drilled Hole:
- Plated: 0.012"
- Unplated: 0.012"
Maximum Layer Count:
- Flex: 16 Layers
- Rigid-Flex: 16 Layers with Bookbinder
Controlled Impedance: Stripline, Dual Stripline, Micro-Strip and Embedded Micro-Strip. Impedances of 50 ohms to 130 ohms are common.
Shielding: EMI, RFI, EMP, TEMPEST
- 1 to 2 weeks quick-turn (based on product type).
- 2 to 6 weeks standard (based on product type).
- In accordance with IPC-2221, IPC-2222, and IPC-2223.
- Reverse Engineering Available for flexible laminates, coversheets/bond films and rigid laminates.
Tooling: E.D.M precision programmable tooling for heat sinks, potting molds, etc.
Assembly: Solder in accordance with IPC J-STD-001.
Testing Capabilities: Tests are standard, please contact us for more information.
Lab Suitability; We perform tests per the following suitability and specifications:
- FSC 5998
- Controlled Impedance testing using Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR)
- Manual point-to-point testing
- Automated testing using custom test fixtures (clam shell, bed-of-nails, etc.)
- Ditmco testing on Bare board and Assemblies tested from Gerber Extracted Net lists (IPC-356) or net lists (point-to-point).
- Solderability per IPC J-STD-003
- Thermal stress testing
- Microsection Analysis
- Environmental Testing
- Peel Strength
- Flexibility Testing
- Please feel free to ask about additional physical testing
DSCC-VQE Suitability Status for:
- MIL-PRF-31032 and MIL-P-50884, Group B inspection
- MIL-PRF-31032 and MIL-P-50884, Group C inspection
- MIL-PRF-31032 and MIL-PRF-55110, Group B inspection
Quality Management System - ISO 9001: 2008.
MIL-Certifications - In addition to building to IPC standards, Hamby maintains MIL (DLA) certifications to MIL-PRF-31032, MIL-PRF-50884 (Types 1-5) and MIL-PRF-55110 specifications, including AP (Adhesiveless) products.
- Producibility Guidelines - Standard & Reduced Producibility parameters for circuit board design
- Technology Roadmap - A high level summary of current and future PWB manufacturing capabilities
- IPC 1710 - Completed industry standard survey of company capabilities, equipment, officers, and quality systems.
Rigid boards fabricated in accordance with:
- MIL-PRF-31032 /1, /2
- MIL-PRF-50884, types 4 and 5
- MIL-PRF-55110, types 1 through 4
Flex and rigid-flex fabricated in accordance with:
- MIL-PRF-31032 /3, /4
- MIL-PRF-50884, types 1 through 5
- Acrylic Adhesive Flexible Copper Clad Laminates, Coversheets, and Bondplys (IPC-4204/1)
- Polyimide Adhesiveless Flexible Copper Clad Laminates (IPC-4204/11)
- Polyimide Rigid Copper Clad Laminates and Pre-Pregs
- High Temperature (Tg) Epoxy Rigid Copper Clad Laminates and Pre-Pregs
- Other materials available upon request
Quality System: ISO9001(2008)
- Adhesiveless constructions are strongly recommended for all thin-core rigid-flex designs. Cross-section thickness of rigid or rigid-flex PWB's can be minimized using 1 and 2 mil core laminates
- Flexible Silver Ink is an alternate material to achieve EMI/RFI shielding on flex circuits while maintaining high flexibility
- Bookbinder technology can be employed to achieve a tight bend radius with multiple flex layers
- Constantan is a copper-nickel alloy with properties that make it useful as a replacement for copper thermal stability is a concern.
Business Type: Corporation - Private
Year of Incorporation: 1956
State of Incorporation: California
Classification: Woman Owned/Small Business
- Total Square Feet: 20,000
- Total Manufacturing Area: 16,000
- Total Administrative Area: 4,000
- Number of Buildings: 1
- Construction Type: Concrete Block
- Own / Rent / Lease: Own